Funds Availability Disclosure
This policy statement applies to transaction accounts.
Our policy is to make funds from your cash or check deposits available to you on the first business day after the day we receive your deposit. Electronic direct deposits will be available on the day we receive the deposit. Once the funds are available, you can withdraw them in cash and we will use the funds to pay checks that you have written. Please remember that even after we have made funds available to you and you have withdrawn the funds, you are still responsible for checks you deposit that are returned to us unpaid and for any other problems involving your deposit.
For determining the availability of your deposit, every day is a business day, except Saturdays, Sundays and Federal Holidays.
If you make a deposit before closing on a business day that we are open, we will consider that day to be the day of your deposit. However, if you make a deposit after closing or on a day we are not open, we will consider that the deposit was made on the next business day we are open.
If we cash a check for you that is drawn on another bank, we may withhold the availability of a corresponding amount of funds that are already in one of your accounts. Those funds will be available at the time funds from the check we cashed would have been available if you had deposited it.
If we accept for deposit a check that is drawn on another bank, we may make funds from the deposit available for withdrawal immediately but delay your availability to withdraw a corresponding amount of the funds that you have on deposit in another account with us. The funds in the other account would then not be available for withdrawal until the time periods that are described elsewhere in this disclosure for the type of check you deposited.
LONGER DELAYS MAY APPLY
Case-By-Case Delays – In some cases, we will not make all the funds that you deposit by check available to you on the first business day of your deposit. Depending on the type of check that you deposit, funds may not be available until the second business day after the day of your deposit. The first $200 of your deposit, however, will be available on the first business day after the day of your deposit.
If we are not going to make all the funds from your deposit available on the first business day after we receive your deposit, we will notify you at the time you make your deposit. We will also tell you when the funds will be available. If your deposit is not made directly to one of our employees, or if we decide to take this action after you have left the premises, we will mail or deliver the notice to you as soon as practicable, but no later than the first business day after we receive your deposit.
If you will need the funds from a deposit right away, you should ask us when the funds will be available.
SAFEGUARD EXCEPTION DELAYS – In addition, funds you deposit by check may be delayed for a longer period under the following circumstances:
- We believe a check you deposit will not be paid.
- You deposit checks totaling more than $5,000 on any one day.
- You redeposit a check that has been returned unpaid.
- You have overdrawn your account repeatedly in the last six months.
- There is an emergency, such as failure of computer or communications equipment.
We will notify you if we delay your ability to withdrawal funds for any of these reasons, and we will tell you when funds will be available. They will generally be available no later than the seventh business day after the day of your deposit.
Special Rules for New Accounts: If you are a new customer, the following special rules may apply during the first 30 days your account is open.
- Funds from electronic direct deposits to your Account will be available on the day we receive the deposit.
- Funds from deposits of cash, wire transfers, and the first $5,000 of a day’s total deposits of cashier’s, certified, teller’s, traveler’s, and federal, state and local government checks will be available on the first business day after the day of your deposit if the deposit meets certain conditions. For example the deposit must be payable to you (and you may have to use a special deposit slip). The excess over $5,000 will be available on the ninth business day after the day of your deposit. If your deposit of these checks (other than U.S. Treasury checks) is not made in person to one of our employees, the first $5,000 will not be available until the second business day after the day of your deposit.
- Funds from all other check deposits may be held up to nine business days after the day of your deposit.