We have top Internet security technology in place to protect your personal financial information. We have a variety of methods to maintain the security and confidentiality of your information. A few of these methods include:
- Unique Identifiers. To access your account on our web site, you will be required to enter valid access codes such as a customer/user identification code (ID) and password. Without proper identification, access to your account information is denied.
- Secure Browsers and Encryption. We require the use of secure browsers when you access our online services. Secure browsers allow protection by encrypting the information exchanged between you and our site. We utilize Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, which converts sensitive information transmitted over the Internet in a secure code that cannot be read by unauthorized parties. To access your account and perform transactions on our site, we require the use of a Web browser that supports a 128-bit SSL encryption technology - among the strongest and most widely used methods of securing Internet transactions. You can tell your information is being protected when you see a URL that begins with "https" (instead of "http") in the address line and a secure symbol, such as a closed padlock or key icon, at the bottom of your browser screen.
- Firewalls. The computers that run our Web site are protected by constantly monitored firewalls that act as a barrier between the Internet and our secure computer network - preventing unauthorized access. Every message that enters or leaves our network passes through the firewall. Messages that do not meet our criteria are blocked.
- Virus Protection. We employ up-to-date anti-virus protection technology to detect viruses and prevent them from entering our computer network.
- Timeout Feature. For additional protection, our online applications have a timeout feature that automatically ends your session after a certain period of inactivity.